Level 4 IQA Award
The course involves initial training over Five days during which the IQA qualification needed to become a qualified Internal Verifier will be explained in detail. You will explore how the evidence for your IQA – Internal Quality Assurance qualification will be collected and presented. Following the training you will work independently to gather the evidence required with tutor support and follow up assessment.
- The context and principles of internal quality assurance
- Planning the internal quality assurance of assessment
- Monitoring the quality of assessment internally given your centres support,
- Manage information relevant to the internal quality assurance of assessment
- Ensuring validity, reliability, authenticity, sufficiently and accuracy of assessment
- How to internally maintain, improve and evaluate the quality of assessment giving all staff and assessors your support.
- The legal and good practice requirements for the internal quality assurance of assessment, planners,and tracking
VTCT Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice (QCF)
Course duration one to one training and group training followed by up to a maximum of 3 months to gather evidence, complete the assessments and present your portfolio of evidence with full guidance,.
Who the course is for?
This award is intended for those who maintain the quality of assessment for NVQ and/or VRQ qualifications from within an organisation or assessment centre.
In order begin working towards becoming an IQA you should be an experienced and qualified assessor for your relevant vocational area Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement.
How is the course assessed?
The course will be assessed through a combination of written work, one practical observation and submission of a portfolio of evidence.with one to one support, As some of the evidence for your IQA Internal Verifier qualification will be gathered remotely, you will ideally have the following technology available to you:
- A computer
- Access to the internet, Skype and a webcam,Zoom
- Access to a flip cam/video/smart phone or camera for evidence gathering
This qualification provides the knowledge and skills required to progress to employment as an internal quality assure. With experience you will be able to further your career in internal verification by undertaking a qualification to enable you to carry out the role of lead internal verifier:
Cost €650 for the qualification registration, training, and tutor support over the three months period, assessment and certification.